Sunday, March 11, 2012

Confusion over a possible S5 Roxy outfit

So back in December on Una di noi, there was a little bit of confusion about piece of fan art claiming to be based on a real outfit. Here's your answer:

The image on the left was printed in issue 13 of the French Winx Club magazine. Whether this is an outfit for season five or not, I have no answer. It's not unknown that the issues would print outfits that have nothing to do with the series or that are not part of a set, notably the Italian edition. Look below to see preppy Aisha and a boyish Flora from the Italian magazines.
These outfits are only for the monthly articles "Fashion & Style" which does write up on what sort of clothes needed for a certain style.
Now, as for the Roxy outfit above, I don't know if it falls in the same category the "Fashion & Style" articles or if it's for season five, but I can say for sure that it's not fan art.

(If you're going to use these images, at least give some credit where its due.)

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, so it IS an official outfit. Sort of. Interesting. I thought the artist was just lying. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but arn't the photos in the Winx Club magazine fan art?
    If so than it's all fan art based on fan art. How could this possibly be linked to Season 5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone speculated that it would be part of season five. As for fan art, all magazines have a separate section for fan art, but I gaurantee you that it's mainly art from kids from 4 to 10 years old.

      Delete
  3. Well, fan art or not, those are really great outfits. I especially LOVE Flora's new style. I hope the rest of the WinX would get such awesome outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I'm not a fan of it. Flora will always be someone who is feminine in my mind and her trying to pull off a masculine look will never fly with me.

      Delete
  4. Honestly, the outfits confuse me...

    Sporty Roxy?
    Preppy Layla?
    IDK Flora? O.o (Though, I do agree on it being a very tomboyish outfit... But I can't seem to find the right word to describe the style.. it's just very odd, and reminds me of Disney's Shake it Up fashion. *gag*)

    Since they're just dressing the girls up like this to show off the fashion statements they put together, I think they should have switched the models around.. like, Layla wearing Roxy's outfit, and Musa wearing Flora's etc.. but eh, not like I have a say. I just kind of wish the artists of these things were more informed on the character's personalities and styles ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree what you say. The clothes they put on doesn't match their personality. Although I do like Roxy's considering she doesn't seem the boysih and that she is still sixteen or seventeen I think it works for her.

      Delete
  5. first of all, the magazine is fan art. and if you see season 5 trailer it shows there outfits and its not those. but it is nice. but roxy looks childish for a 19 year old. the winx are now...19or 20, they dress for there age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude!
    Thanks, However I am having troubles with your RSS.
    I don't understand the reason why I can't subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody else having the same RSS issues? Anybody who knows the solution can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

    Here is my web page twitter buy followers
    My site > twitter followers buy

    ReplyDelete