Thursday, January 12, 2012

A New Challenger Approaches!

Hello, my name is Sean or, as I have come to be known, Red Fountain Senior.

Let me start off by answering the question in the back of everyone's mind that I am ALWAYS asked about: YES, I am a guy and I like Winx Club. I have enjoyed the series since its “altered,” yet still pretty good, American release on 4Kids TV (which was still the FoxBox at the time).

To give a little bit about myself, I am a freshman in college where I am currently studying mechanical engineering with a focus in physics, which will jumpstart my doctorate program in quantum mechanics. I enjoy video games that include Mario and the Elder Scrolls. In addition, I enjoy designing my own mods to such video games. I’m sure many of you have heard of the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I assisted in the creation of the quite famous fan-mod to change Toon Link into the old, famous Nintendo character, Geno.

Now that I’ve nerded you out with my personal background, let’s focus on the Winx. I encountered Winx-Fairies when I was in high school. I was the co-president of the Winx Club fan club (a break off of our anime club). We enjoyed Phoebe’s website and used it as our main source of information due to much Winx-related content still being in Italian. That is how she and I met. I have assisted her behind-the-scenes as an information-gatherer a few times for the website. I also used to be pretty good friends with the person known as BanjoGate, so I was able to get a hold of and post all of the season 4 episodes in the episodes section.

Although I will miss Phoebe, I am still overjoyed that I have the honor to write alongside Emma, Tabby, and the legendary Kikurukina Bal Des’cagel.

29 comments:

  1. Welcome! Oh, and is it just me or is everybody on Winx-Fairies about the same age? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the winx club too and I want to rainbow magic land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I love Super Smash Bro. XD And welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shayna - ever since gamercatgirl and Stars_and_Fire left, that's true. They were the younger ones on the site...I believe they're in their early teens?

    Welcome redfountainsenior! Can't wait to see your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S-a-f was 11 when she was writing...she'd be in her early teens now I guess. GCG would be about 15 now.

      Delete
  5. Welcome! I hope to read a lot of news from you! Plus I really need to get new news for my own site too... There is no news that I can find at all right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awsome, an animie geek and winx vlub lover older than me.
    hi i'm 17 and loved winx club ever since it came on when i was in the 3rd grade. this was the show that inspired me to write my own fantasy stories. keep posting

    mini winx savy 7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if you're an anime lover, do you want me to recommend stuff 2 u? i still like W.I.T.C.H, so try that if you haven't seen it already! I've never seeen Winx club be4 till last year cuz i don't have nick since its on sky and i don't have sky!
      And also, do you like Roxy? Personally i don't as her power seems big "n" powerful and all that but compared to the other Winx... its not so good. But if you like Roxy, i'm not tryin to be offensive!
      When i first looked at season 4, my immediate reaction was horror to be honest. I think it was the change in animation at first... but then when i saw the "love and pet" animals, they were cute, but they made winx club too babyish. I was like THATS IT! and turned my computer off!
      Thankfully, it got better. I like season 4 now but i really hope season 5 is going to be FAB! Gemix ought to be the next transformation!
      Publish your fantasy stories! I would love to read them!
      Thx 4 blogging

      Delete
  7. Really? You get asked that question a lot?
    I'm a guy, I like Winx Club, I'm older than you, and I still never get asked that. XD
    Nice to officially meet you Sean. They say that the pen is mightier than the sword and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how adept you are with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey RFS! Great to have ya...Back, I guess! (even though you never really left or was here in the first place...Okay, now I'm just confuzzling myself.)
    Anyways, hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yo! Hey, nice to meet ya! You were the co-president? Cool... 0.o Can't wait for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! Welcome Red Fountain Senior! And @anonymous I never got to see those original writers. *Sigh* I found out about this site before I was old enough to have a blogger account, so this was my main base for winx news. And I remeber when Phoebe was still posting (I miss her so much:()When she said some of the writers might be leaving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Cynthia, i've been on your blogs and seem your profile. it seems we have alot in common, how can i contact you?

      Miniwinx savy7

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. sorry about that, just created a blogger acount.
      Savy7

      Delete
  11. @Cynthia: they were fantastic writers! It's worth a trip back in the archives just to see GCG's news and Stars_and_Fire's fantastic articles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome, and im wondering when is winx club season 4 coming on nick?

    ReplyDelete
  13. wElcome. I think I've seen your name here and there

    ReplyDelete
  14. What happened to Phoebe?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah what happened to Phoebe?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love winx I have watchrd this show forever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. where did phoebe go?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhm..... Welcome AND I have to say,there's no news and nothing new on the blog,so could you make ANYTHING?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wait… When did Phoebe Stop Writing?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sean, glad you put your message.I think its gr8 that not just girls like Winx club1
    You said you were in an anime club or sumthing like that? Do you mean like ones that have those big eyes and are made in Japan? Or do you mean other? Or all? If you like the Japanese ones, there's quite a few thats good on there!
    Why don't you blog on more often cuz quite a few people have answered your comments. lots of people blog, but its like 2010 and 2011 stuff, hardly 2012!
    I'm going to be honest. i don't like the films of Winx club. I think its because they made them squeal about the boys too much and stuff like that. But hey, thats my opinion.
    If you want me to recommend anime stuff to you, just answer this mssage!
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Anonymous, plz stop posting on what I post on

    ReplyDelete