Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What if Secret of the Lost Kingdom was in 3D?

Imagine this scene in 3D. Awesome or not awesome?
It is not uncommon that films get rereleased in the 3D even though they were not meant to. I see new ones on the shelves everyday now.

With that being said and Winx Club: Magical Adventure 3D being released every other week, I do not think it will be long before Rainbow/Nickelodeon decides to release the first movie, Winx Club: Secret of the Lost Kingdom, again, but in 3D in theatres and on DVDs/Blu-rays. Actually, it seems like the most probably move considering that I think Nickelodeon is trying to dub the first movie.

I like 3D movies enough but only when I go to the theatre because it's part of the experience. I could never imagine buying the disc, sticking it in my player, sitting down and then sticking on a pair of unstylish glasses on my face. Plus, buying a TV that supports 3D just seems a little out of my price range at the moment and I'm wondering if this 3D thing is only a fad.

What do you think? How would you feel if Secret of the Lost Kingdom was rereleased in 3D (in English)? Would you buy it? Is the 3D part even worth the extra dollars?

12 comments:

  1. If it was in 3D on DVD/Blu-ray, I would say no. I agree with you that 3D is only good in the theatre. If it was in the theatre in 3D, I would most definitely without a doubt go to see it; and it would totally be worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really care for the current 3D craze. This is mostly because I can't watch 3D movies with the glasses - I wear eyeglasses.

    I'd buy the first movie if it came out on Blu-ray/DVD combo, though. Heck, I'd buy it if it came out at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally believe that the reason a lot of movies seem to be released in 3D nowadays is because producers seem to think it makes them better somehow.
    Just because one 3D movie (e.x. Avatar) was a huge hit, dosn't mean yours will have the same kind of success. (e.x. The Green Hornet-2010).
    Someone needs to tell them that incredible stunts and high end visual effects don't make for a good movie.
    A solid script and good acting is what makes or breaks a movie. You'd be surprized the number of times I've watched old movies like "The Great Race" just because of their good screenplay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I'm not sure because I've never been to a theater watching the movie in 3D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only seen, I think 2 movies in 3D, and they where pretty good. As for seeing the first movie in 3D at theaters, I wouldn't mind it. It is a good movie and it would be cool to see it in 3D, like the Winx flying at you, and the girls doing their attacks. But when it comes to the DVD,I would rather have the 2D version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ehat do you mean it's in 3D?? It's already in 3D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3D revering to the 3D glasses? I don't think I would pay extra for 3D (unless it was the only showing available)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would be AWESOME for it to be out in 3D! I would buy it in Blueray or normal DVD! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't buy it in 3D because I already have it in normal form. What's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the comment at the top its supost to be a winx club site not a pretty cure site! Can someone tell me what the post is about cause i dont get it thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shayna is well aware that this is a Winx Club site. One should not assume by someone's avatar. I have a Kingdom Hearts avatar but I know perfectly well that this is a Winx Club site.

    What exactly do you not get in my post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. absoulutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete