Wednesday, September 16, 2009

4kids what ifs...

It is more than apparently that we are eagerly awaiting for the 4kids or RAI English dubs tocome to North America. It has not been confirmed yet whether 4kids will even dub season four even though they have started to play Winx Club episodes on the CW4kids, I believe. Let's focus on the 4kids dub.

We all know that the 4kids dub has been heavily criticised for heavily editing the plot until it resembled nothing like the original Italian from time to time. A notable example is episode five of season one (Date with Disaster/Blind Date). The episode starts with the girls in the kitchen cooking a good decision potion in the 4kids version while in the RAI, the girls are simply on cooking duty and Bloom complains about why a school full of magic still forces them to cook without magic.

If 4kids ever gets to dubbing season four, it is more than likely that they will make some changes. Since we do not have Secret of the Lost Kingdomout in America, this makes me ask: will Bloom and Sky be even engaged in season four?

Let me make this absolutely clear since all of you are going to go to Youtube and look for the movie: I mean the Italian version of the movie; the original dub. Realise that even though there is an English dub, there are still a lot of changes made in the movie.

I got the point that he said "Will you be my princess?" in the English version. Last time I checked, Italian is not English.

Looking back on the scene where Sky proposes to Bloom, we realise that nothing was actually said on the audio. Really. We just assumed that he popped the question just from the looks of it. He shows her a ring and whispers into her ear, she acts surprise and then they passionately kiss. Seriously, take a look:




Now, this begs to me ask: will they even be engaged if 4kids ever dubs season 4?

This seen leads to a lot of ambiguity just by the lack of audio because, for all we know, Sky could have given her a promise ring.

What do you think?

15 comments:

  1. i listened closely and sky said,"Will you be my princess?" to bloom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what he said. And a passionate kiss probably doesn't mean "yes" in the manner of promise rings. Plus, it would be a little odd to put promse rings in a show featuring alot of miniskirts an middriff shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the English version on YouTube, he says, "Will you marry me, my princess" or something along those lines. I didn't catch it the first time, though. He says it really quick and really faint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the english virson Sky says, "Will you marry me princess?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've all said the same thing over and over again. Has it occurred to you to look at the Italian version?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The English dub was done by a third-party company, not Rainbow, hence all the different voice actors, scene cuts, and dialouge changes.

    It does remind me of a promise ring, in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya I really don't know why did sky just say'I love you' to Bloom not 'will you marry me?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard Sky say "Will you be my Princess"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that really doesn't mean anything I mean like it might be that she basically is already his princess...she's the princess of Sparks/Domino. I mean "will you be my Princess" does sound like "will you marry me" But I think if they were really supposed to make them be married they would of made Sky say it a little louder and clearer

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't no though...Bloom knows though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They did a huge kiss at the end so I say engagement. But she's only 19!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i had the volume on max and he said drum roll baa baa baa baa doo " will you be my princess "

    Love, winkwinx

    p.s. your welcome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Layla n Amentia is right, Bloom was only 19 in the movie. Personally, I think Bloom should have worn that ring in season 4 so that her parents' would be like: You're getting married? But Bloom, you're only 19? What are you thinking? Plus, it would have dettered Andy cause he would've realized that she's taken. Personally, I think Stella should've had a proposal sooner. After all, she is 20, so it would seem more natural having her marry.

    P.S. On the Italian version, Phoebe is right; nothing was said. I guess this 3rd party thought that we were all a bunch of dunderheads and needed to make it really clear that he proposed. Like a diamond ring and a passionate kiss doesn't show that he proposed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As far as the 4Kids potential dub, what I REALLY want to know is how they're going to deal with what happened to Nabu. I mean, they COMPLETELY changed what happened to Daphne and even her relationship to Bloom to sidestep the issue that she was, essentially, a ghost. *shrugs* With Nabu, I just don't see how such a huge part of the end of the series will be avoided. ...it still breaks my heart :-'(

    ReplyDelete
  15. guys you don't kow what your talking about bloom is in her twenties. or twenty years old at least. why would iginio straffi, trying to aim the show between the ages of 6 or 7 from 12 have bloom the main character the main romodel for the kids who watch tghis wonerful show have her marry at the inappropiate age of 19. come on be reasonable.

    ReplyDelete